Friday, January 14, 2011

Lawrence of Arabia

Image via Doctor Macro

Last night was the night that we have all been waiting for (or at least the night that Matt hasn't been able to stop raving about):  the IU Cinema premier!  It was an epic film-viewing event, as the first screening was Lawrence of Arabia, David Lean's magnum opus, which is indeed the definition of epic.  Three hours and forty-seven minutes of film, complete with the address of the cinema director, overture, and intermission.

While I know this was a benchmark event for the Raven (Matt), as he has plans to spend the rest of 2011 at the theatre, I was more taken with the light-hearted aspects of the film.

1) Jodhpur Pants:  The British army was sporting these all over the place.    I love how the gal at The Ongoing Project wears a similar pair (with more volume).

These can be your very own.

I'd soften these jodhpurs up with a feminine blouse like this

Add this to your wardrobe too!

2) The boots!  What else do you pair with jodhpur pants but knee-high equestrian boots?

You can also purchase these for your jodhpur panted pleasure.


3)  Almost four hours of .... drumroll, please.....

.......

........

CAMELS!

Camel
Image via Doug88888






If you want the Lawrence of Arabia look, you can shop my treasury on Etsy.  If you want to know how many camels you could be traded for, then do the math. As always, I hope you enjoyed it!

XO,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Love that last link. My boyfriend was highly amused by working out how many camels he could trade me for.

    ReplyDelete