Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Dress!

Oh me oh my.  It's been a while since I've posted ANYTHING.  I wish there was a little bit more to today's post.  I just wanted to share that 1) I'm still alive and 2) I got a new dress this weekend!  I bought this beauty on Ebay.  It's a 1950s day dress in my size!  I'm a large to extra-large, so it's hard to find a nice dress for less than $100.  The photos of this dress were absolute crap, but somehow I just knew it should be mine, and that I would love it.  When it arrived on Saturday it went straight from the envelope to my torso, at least long enough to take some photos.

I just so happened to be wearing brown tights and a white slip that morning.  While I thought they were a good idea, claiming I "liked the layers," I don't think I would ever consciously put these things all together to wear out of the house.  I'm thinking this dress would be adorable with some pink tights on an early spring day.  What do you think?

What's up with the goofy face?  Well, that's just how happy it made me. 

Not the best twirling dress ever, but it will do.  A big fluffy crinoline would be awesome with this dress, wouldn't it?  Where would I ever wear a crinoline? 

I just couldn't resist showing you a close-up of the best part.  Check out those cute little cut-outs and bows!  The pattern is just crazy enough to keep me interested. 

Perfection! 

Have you ever bough a dress on Ebay?  How did it work out for you?  This was my first time, and I think I'm hooked, at least until I get burned.



*Hearts*
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment