Friday, January 20, 2012

somebody that I used to know

Well, some thing.  My laptop is like an extra appendage these days.  I'm always squeezing in a bit of extra work here and there.  There's photo editing to be done, receipts to be logged, and tweets to be tweeted.  A freak accident took place at the shop, and a few errant ounces of latte found its way into my (not so) beloved Mac Book.  It shut down immediately.  It has been submerged in a lasagna pan of white rice for about 24 hours, wrapped up in a bag and placed carefully atop a space heater.  I'm crossing my fingers that it will dry out and be fine in a day, but my imagination is running wild!  What will I do?!  I can't afford a new computer.  My insurance agent is so NOT helpful.  It may cost a few hundred bucks just to get the thing fixed, and I'm not sure it's worth it.  I'm having a terribly emo reaction to losing all of my work, even if it's only for the weekend.  I was going to be so productive!  In the middle of this crisis, I'm really enjoying this song by Gotye.  The video is a bit slow, but oh-so beautiful.  



If you loved the song as much as I did, then you also might enjoy this amazing cover. Five people playing one guitar! So cool.





I'm hoping that the laptop will dry out and be just fine. Cross your fingers for me!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber, thanks for the comment on my blog yesterday :) Just saw your most recent post and remembered seeing that music video recently - the artistry is amazing! Thanks again for stopping by, have a great day x

    ReplyDelete